The Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board (MFB) is a world class emergency service employing over 2300 people and responding to 36,000 calls per year from Melbourne's four million residents and visitors. Its services include urban search and rescue, response to fires and hazardous incidents, road accident rescue, emergency medical response and marine response. Through our commitment to diversity and equality, we are actively engaged in promoting and maintaining a safe and inclusive work environment where all employees are respected, valued and supported.
The Victoria Government recently passed legislation to create Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV), to come into operation on a day yet to be proclaimed, bringing together the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) and Country Fire Authority (CFA) career firefighters under one organisation. Once FRV is created, all MFB employees will be transferred to FRV.
Duties will include, however, are not limited to:
- Requirement analysis;
- Technical solution design and development;
- Preparation and implementation of changes;
- Application configuration, implementation and administration;
- Liaise with vendors and key stakeholders;
- Support incidents, problems and requests with suitable resolutions.
- Five years' experience in developing information technology solutions and services;
- Have worked in an Agile environment;
- Have an understanding of Prince2 project/program delivery;
- Excellent communication skills allowing you to be the conduit between the business/operations and the technical team;
- Possess a calm demeanour who works well under tight deadlines.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree;
- Solution design and development certification in Microsoft development platforms;
- ITIL framework (certification on Foundation level is preferred, but not essential);
- Hands on design and development experience in Microsoft .NET;
- Experience designing and developing RESTful API and Data Modelling;
- Have developed RDMS platforms SQL server with SSIS;
- Experience in in Microsoft Windows and Azure.
- Be part of a community focused organisation in a period of historical change
- Free access to the onsite gymnasium
- Acrue RDO's
- Access to corporate apparel
- Access to great health and wellbeing programs
- Income protection and Discounted health insurance
- Salary packaging for superannuation and car leasing options
- Discounted Myki pass
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Ibrahim Khan at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4817.