The Software Engineer will work across multiple, diverse technical platforms such as SAP, End-User Computing, and Business Applications. They are the technical resource for the engineering team and are responsible for actively driving and managing the transformation of applications and associated data.
- Working with data, sourced from a central data repository, distributed to downstream applications, and the applications subsequent interaction with the data.
- Transformation of data to support application code and configuration changes.
- Strong development background with Java, JSON, XML and SQL
- Able to understand various applications and know how data can move around the applications
- Previous experience in a similar, role with large complex enterprise environments
- Understanding of Applications Development Methodology - Waterfall and Agile.
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach to planning and analysis, ability to deliver to tight timelines, make sound risk-based decisions
The architecture is a complex, highly integrated enterprise environment - experience with and/or exposure to one or more of the below would be advantageous and highly regarded:
- SAP-ERP (FI, HR, Payroll, BPC, SRM, BI) and SAP-CRM
- Cloud-based technologies such as Ariba-On Demand and Office365 Suite (Skype, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, Project)
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) / Other Identity Management Systems
- Complex application integration architecture
- API Management and API Gateway Technologies (e.g. TIBCO), Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Complex data flows and data management practices
- Languages: JAVA, JSON, XML, SQL
- Databases: Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Access
- Applications: CM21, Oracle Forms, PIMS
- SAAS: Primavera, Noggin, FCM, Apptio
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, across multiple projects whilst maintaining effective and responsive communications and support.
- Ability to translate and simplify technical concepts to concisely communicate strategies and issues to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to easily and quickly learn and apply new technologies with limited assistance or historical documentation
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team - Detail-oriented, efficient and able to show initiative without supervision and constant direction
- Experienced in designing & delivering integration solutions in a large, multiplatform environment operating a broad spectrum of diverse applications.
- Demonstrated ability to apply logic, common sense with refined analytical and technical troubleshooting skills to quickly identify and resolve issues across multiple integrated systems/applications
- Apply a proactive, structured approach to technical delivery, while demonstrating an ability to think 'outside the box' when necessary to achieve the best outcome
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact MaryJane Pollock at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4453.