A government organisation is looking for an experienced Application Solution Architect. This is a contract that will run up to the end of June next year with possible extension and it is based in Parramatta.
The role is responsible for providing technical analysis, design and implementation guidance of architecture services for solving integration, interfacing and synchronisation challenges faced by assigned ICT Programs / Projects. The position works closely with other technology departments, business units and the program / project team and has an emphasis on input to the development of architectural deliverables. The role reports directly to the General Manager, Architecture and Planning.
- Encourage and drive a culture of technical excellence, co-operation and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to solution architecture and solution designs
- Partners with business and IT representatives including enterprise architecture, application and infrastructure teams in requirements gathering and reviews to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project
- Analyze and translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines enterprise level solutions integrating across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives
- Consult with internal staff at all levels to develop and maintain comprehensive and accurate technical documentation and models for new and modified applications
- Liaise with vendors to specify and negotiate solutions and to define hardware and software requirements
- Develop, pilot and recommend new architectures to support application requirements leveraging reusable components. Reviews new applications for conformance to existing architectures. Understands and articulates technology strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions
- Ensure team effectiveness and manage client expectations through timely delivery of project deliverables
- Proven extensive experience as an Application Solution Architect gained across a number of larger organisations (>5,000 users) across a range of technical platforms (including but not limited to Mainframe, Windows, Linux, SQL Server, Oracle, Java, .NET)
- Aptitude to formulate and articulate technical vision in order to anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs with the ability to understand multiple systems or technologies and how they interact
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and presenting/reporting technical information for critical business systems in a large ICT environment
- Demonstrated capacity to use standard modelling approaches, tools and model repositories
- Demonstrated experience in applying multiple technology solutions to business problems and astuteness in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop and maintain professional and respected working relationships other team members, clients, management and vendors
- Ability to take accountability and to make sound architectural and strategic decisions
- Effective ability to deal with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business requirements
- Ability to juggle multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously
- Experience with testing automation and/or leading other through testing automation
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
For further information please contact Freda Kwok at Clicks IT Recruitment on (02) 9200 4404, quoting reference FK63320.