The Network Automation Engineer will be accountable for guiding staff, leading technical delivery and coordination of projects and other priority incoming work for a Federal Government Department. The Network Automation Infrastructure Engineering Expert works under the limited direction of a senior technical expert to achieve results in line with the Section work plan.
- Automate new and existing Network infrastructure platforms.
- Improve adoption of advanced pipelines with shift left automated testing.
- Deliver automated security compliance.
- Help Infrastructure and application teams improve the time to production through Application deployment automation.
- Help foster the usage of Git & Automation within the orginisation.
- Be willing to learn and to champion Dev/Ops, CI/CD, orchestration and automation processes and supporting tool suites.
- Draft and maintain documentation which may include design documentation, implementation plans, test plans, and support procedures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely implementation and handover of deliverables.
- Work within an ITIL environment
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated industry experience with automation tools including Ansible and scripting languages.
- Extensive experience using Ansible for configuration of ICT infrastructure, preferably Network infrastructure.
- Experience in setting up an automation framework.
- Experience in test case design, creation, and execution.
- Knowledge and understanding of Gateway and Network Infrastructure.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.