One of our premium clients based in North Sydney is looking for a highly experienced and committed DevOps Engineer. This key position will be responsible for being at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a list global of customer that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years experience and be an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional.
- Hands on development experience and full understanding of full-stack development
- Fluent in AWS technologies
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Knowledge of AWS and Cloud Computing concepts (preferred experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CloudFormation or AWS OpsWorks)
- Exposure to Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
Strong experience with:
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
- One or more web and application server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS)
- One or more of the following principles: DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- One or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, ebextensions)
- Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- One or more version control platforms (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong DevOps skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Birsen Polat on 0407 116 523.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"