One of our premium clients based in North Sydney is looking for a highly experienced and committed Security Specialist with AWS Certification. This key position will be responsible for continuous improvement of AWS Security Response program, detecting and responding to threats together with customers and driving improvement back into the service . In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Knowledge of all AWS Security and services on how to deploy and operate within a customer's account.
- Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
- Recognize, adopt and instil the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Fulfil regular on-call responsibilities.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years' equivalent information security experience.
- Holding an AWS Certified Security - Specialty Accreditation
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Experience in Compliance Requirements (e.g. SOX, ISO, HIPPA, FedRamp, etc.)
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Security certifications encouraged
- Experience triaging security alerts and incident response
- Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Security Specialist skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Birsen Polat on 0407 116 523.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"