This Banking Reconciliation Officer position sits within Finance & Corporate Services within a really welcoming and collaborative team.
This position is an initial 6 month contract position (full time hours) within the Melbourne CBD with scope for further extension.
Reconciliation of a wide variety of bank accounts and related suspense accounts and raising journals as required. Liaise with banks and other departments regarding imbalances to resolve any issues.
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of complex general ledger bank accounts
- Raise and process journals as part of the reconciliation process
- Identify and resolve all outstanding banking items in a timely manner
- Act as a key contact for issues and communications relating to the bank accounts
- Coordinate and liaise with banks and other departments to resolve any issues relating to cheque issuance, bank deposits and other bank transactions
- Process payments to customers and external parties as required and comply with internal procedures
- Take appropriate steps to ensure integrity of data in all systems through effective communications across departments
- Provide excellent service to all customers (internal and external) in line with the organisation's values
- Coordinate and manage small departmental projects
- Act as a back-up for other accounting operations staff, if required by the National Banking Operations Manager
- Create and maintain quality procedure manuals for the reconciliation team
Previous experience that is required:
- Having previous banking reconciliation experience
- Ideally having a finance background
- Ideally having an understanding of Accounting to some extent
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send your resume in WORD Format, clicking on the "Apply now" button or for a confidential phone chat, please call Katrina Thorburn on 03 9963 4864.