This fast paced Government Department has an opportunity for a Sr. Business Analyst to join for a 6 months contract period. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for working within the planning division to review, analyse and evaluate business systems and user needs. The role will also include documenting requirements, defining scope and objectives and formulate systems parallel to overall business strategies.
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; ensuring Business requirements are managed through relevant product backlogs.
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Recognise and capitalise on improvement opportunities recognising and incorporating competing demands.
- Support the business analysis-related project artefacts and documentation meets the agreed quality standards for the project and Project Services as appropriate.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; and working within Waterfall and Agile teams to ensure delivered solutions meet the business objectives.
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements and economic motivations and justifications for those requirements.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process.
- Extensive communication skills and the ability to approach a situation from a critical standpoint to provide well thought through options and recommendation for optimal solution outcomes.
- High level of expertise in, and a proven track record of; analysing and synthesizing business requirements, including recognising patterns and conceptualising processes.
- Passionate about the profession of Business Analysis and have a level of engagement with industry forums such as IIBA and BABOK.
- Model requirements visually using the Unified Modelling Language.
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Extremely well organised with strong time-management skills.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Sukanya Mukhopadhyay at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4833.