Your new organisation
Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) is a modern fire and rescue service that meets the needs of twenty-first century Victoria. Established on 1 July 2020 as part of Victoria's Fire Services Reforms, FRV serves and protects communities across Melbourne and Victoria's major regional centres from 85 FRV fire and rescue stations across the state. Its career firefighters operate 47 fire stations in metropolitan Melbourne and 38 regional stations, most of which are co-located with CFA volunteer brigades. FRV proudly continues to work alongside the Country Fire Authority (CFA), which is a community-based volunteer fire service.
Your new role - Business Analyst (Enterprise Service Bus and API Management Gateway)
Contribute to the enhancement of organisational performance, growth, agility and capacity through the design and implementation of an Enterprise Service Bus with API management gateway.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify functional (integration & interfacing) requirements of business and operation teams
- Identify non-functional requirements (scalability, availability, performance, security, SLA etc.)
- Development of requirements specifications, business cases and option analysis
- Work with the architecture team developing high level designs from requirements
- Involvement with the Procurement team in the tender process
- Work with the Business, IT and external teams to and define achievable testing objectives
- Assist the project manager with the implementation activities
What you'll need to succeed
Can do attitude, high level work ethic and ability to work independently.
Attributes and skills required to be successful in this role include:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working on IT projects (preferably integration related projects)
- Sound understanding of integration platforms and API management gateways
- Demonstrable experience working with Executive Leadership and Senior Stakeholders
- Experience analysing the design of technical systems and business models
- Ability to utilise data from IT systems for business insights
- Experience with Mulesoft and MS Azure highly advantageous
- Writes and speak with ease
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- IIBA/BABOK certification
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable emergency service that exists to serve, support and protect the community to which you belong, with the opportunity to make a significant impact to the way the fire service operates into the future.
You will work in a flexible environment where you will feel supported by an experienced, highly professional team. You will have the opportunity to apply for monthly RDO's, have free access to a gymnasium and also professional corporate apparel.
Fire Rescue Victoria values and respects workplace diversity. We welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability and people who are diverse in gender and sexuality.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Melissa Cooper at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4826.