The Senior Systems Engineer (Business Analyst) applies engineering principles, procedures and techniques to assist in the development of large, complex software systems and subsystems. This role is responsible for requirements gathering, system design and managing technical documentation from proposal through to delivery.
The successful candidate will provide technical guidance and leadership to both development and test teams whilst interacting closely with business stakeholders on a day-to-day basis. This role may act as a team lead when required.
- Provides systems engineering leadership for new and ongoing projects
- Liaises with external and/or internal customers, product owners, design authorities and teams to enable the system engineering function
- Capturing stakeholder requirements arising from new projects and variations to current projects
- Leads and participates in system and service requirements definition
- Elicits stakeholder requirements from project stakeholders
- Ensures that solutions comply with appropriate standards, legislation, and stakeholder requirements
- Develops operational concepts and related deliverables from stakeholder requirements
- Elaborates and defines system and sub-system requirements in response to stakeholder requirements
- Develops system definition, system design and related deliverables from system and sub-system requirements
- Architects solutions to stakeholder business problems based on the established system design and system definition
- Provides subsystem implementation support by participating in design reviews and managing system and sub-system requirements.
- Provides guidance and technical direction on system design and co-ordinates and collaborates with all disciplines involved in the production of sub-systems to ensure alignment with respect to stakeholder and system requirements and system definition.
- Plans and supports System/Sub-system integration of solutions consisting of sub-systems implemented internally and by external vendors
- Plans and supports System/Sub-system validation with systems test engineers
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 years of Formal Systems Engineering experience.
- Understanding and experience in the application of System Engineering lifecycle processes and best practices.
- Experience working in a formal project structure following ISO 9001 processes.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycles using both Waterfall and Agile approaches.
- Project co-ordination experience.
- Experience with DOORS and QC user (or other equivalent requirements/test tools is desirable)
- Travel, both domestic and foreign will be required from time to time.
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above, please 'Apply Now' or email Tom Watt at Clicks for a confidential discussion around the next steps.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Watt at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4400.