One of our clients based in Adelaide is looking for a highly experienced Civil Drafter. In this role you will provide design and drafting services for the department and assists in civil engineering duties as required to both internal and external customers.
Skills & Experience
- Proficient experience in using AutoCAD Civil 3D and ARD (Advanced Road Design) software
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to manage diverse groups and stakeholders
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Local Government structures and procedures
- Undertake the design and drafting of road re-kerbing and stormwater drainage projects using AutoCAD Civil3D and ARD (Advanced Road Design) software under the general supervision of the Manager Assets and Engineering Services
- Provide technical and specialist advice in relation to civil engineering design to staff within the directorate and other areas of Council
- Completed designs are in accordance with acceptable engineering standards and, where applicable, to the requirements of relevant government authorities
- Ensure "best practice" asset and infrastructure solutions as developed by Council are utilised having consideration to political sensitivities, life cycle costs, safety, amenity, environment, access and user behaviour, community expectations and other risk management issues
- Assess design and survey information received to ensure that it is technically accurate for the specific project
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring a broad range of Civil Engineering knowledge and experience to this organisation.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"