Clicks are seeking a hands on Cloud Architect to join a federal department team that delivers, manages and supports a platform that provides the departments digital wholesale services.
Our Ideal Job Seeker
- Participate and represent Digital Wholesale and Integration Services across technical meeting/working groups to develop strategic direction on various technical aspects impacting application cloud migration.
- Document "How To" documents for enabling and configuring PaaS services within the department.
- Work with Digital Wholesale and Integration Services, Cloud Services teams and other IT teams to define Application Cloud Architecture for Digital Services and applications.
- Work as a technical resource on enabling PaaS services across the two public clouds which the department uses for hosting workloads.
- Work with agile teams to deploy and trouble-shoot cloud services, application deployments into the cloud and application automation in lower levels as well as production.
- Participate in solution concepts, capacity planning and design artefacts as a part of project team.
- Work as a technical resource to build, configure and then support Containers to support the departments hosting strategy.
- Work in multi-vendor environment (MVE) to assist on Disaster Recovery, business continuity and solutions in cloud.
- Create or provide advice/and or guidance on high level technical designs or use when building new cloud services.
- Continuous improvement - working with the departments teams to continuously improve cloud deployments.
- Extensive experience in Public Cloud design and implementation activities.
Demonstrated knowledge and or experience in:
- Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, VMware/vSphere Virtualization
- Automated workflows/pipelines
- Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
- Good experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
- Strong documentation skills, including documenting technical specifications, standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TOGAF or other architectural frameworks and or methodologies.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.