We are now seeking a Communication Specialist to support the Modernisation Program for our Federal Government client in Canberra
Duration: Immediate start through until 30th June 2021 with 12 months extension
Citizenship requirements: Australian citizens with minimum Baseline clearance or ability to obtain one.
The Communication Specialist for the Modernisation Program Delivery section works with the Change Lead and Change Managers to successfully support the efficient execution of the Program. You will be responsible for delivering end to end communication, media and stakeholder engagement requirements, including providing relevant advice, and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders.
You'll be able to craft succinct and engaging communications messaging and products from technical information that resonates with a variety of audiences. You'll be a self-starter who is happy to take responsibility for devising and executing strategy and developing quality products in a face paced environment.
- Develop and execute organisational and project communication plans to support change management strategy, training, business readiness and project go live activities.
- Effectively prepare and deliver key messages across a portfolio of projects, create and execute branding and communication activities accordingly.
- Design, manage and deliver business communication through multiple channels including intranet pages, newsletters, videos, virtual townhalls, webinars and briefing sessions.
- Liaise with stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop key messages for a variety of audiences
- Design and storyboarding of raw content, audio and video scripting and editing of communication material.
- Create, edit and finesse communication material such as newsletters, flyers, factsheets, promotional videos, training presentations, work instructions, senior leaders' talking points and business readiness packs.
- Respond to project-related media enquiries and prepare draft media statements.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a communications, media, marketing, change management or PR related role.
- Experience producing communications strategies and managing their successful implementation against identified KPIs
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading experience, combined with expert language skill, allowing you to create material that will inspire our internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint Suite must. Knowledge of course authoring tools like Adobe Captivate, animation and video editing software advantageous.
- The ability to translate complex information into easy to understand messages.
- Proven competency with photography and videography equipment including basic editing software is advantageous.
- Experience in working closely with a range of stakeholders to understand and deliver their communications objectives whilst adhering to best practice communications methods.
- High-level organisational skills including well-developed priority-setting skills and the proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Well-developed project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders internally and in the wider community and industry sector.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Communications, Media, Journalism or similar.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.