About the role:
Our client is running a transformation program and have multiple projects on the go, to drive security, modernisation and automation.
They are seeking a Cyber Security Architect with strong understanding of ICT security controls at a technical level, and a background in large and complex projects is essential. As a part of this role you will responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilising expertise in IT security analysis and compliance assessment. You will also be responsible for documenting the threats, risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the modernisation agenda.
This role will work closely with program architects, solution architect, business analysts, procurement specialists, ICT, vendors, and directly with the system integrator to shape and inform the direction of modernisation activities.
Key position responsibilities
- Conducting security architecture reviews for solutions within the scope of the program including the collection of high level security requirements, assessment of current-state security architecture and proposing target-state security architecture.
- Review of the Statement of Applicability for solutions within the scope of the program. Determination as to whether controls (ISM and PSPF) are applicable to the assessment scope, assessment of the level of readiness and effectiveness of applicable controls and documenting comments and evidence for each control.
- Review of Security Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls.
- Review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- The development and/or review of technical security documentation to support procurement.
- Participation in procurement evaluation activities, which may include the conduct of light-weight information security risk assessments.
- Undertake risk assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Security Specialist/Architect inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs within Federal Government or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Security Specialist/Architect in a technical capacity with a thorough understanding of the technology stack.
- Expert knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and cyber security risk assessments producing security documentation for both current-state and target-state.
- Proven ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Richa Agarwal at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7722.