Clicks is a specialist IT Recruitment Company with offices in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. A home-grown Australian business with global capability, Clicks has been providing contract and permanent recruitment services to Australia's leading government and blue-chip organisations since 1990.
Clicks' client is a Canberra based organisation that design and support systems for the Department of Defence. Established 40 years ago, they are seen as a forefront of innovation when it comes to radar and communication systems.
They are seeking a Negative Vetting 1 cleared Cyber Security Operations Manager who will lead the cyber security team to protect the organisation through the evolving cyber threats.
- Provide leadership and governance in the development, implementation and sustainment of an effective cybersecurity program
- Investigate, develop, plan and oversee controls to manage cyber risks within a defined framework
- Develop plans and business cases to monitor, maintain and improve security for ICT Systems and training for the workforce
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders / agencies to ensure a comprehensive understanding of their needs and how the organisation can both support and maintain currency and compliance.
- Establish and maintain relevant technical capabilities within the Cyber Security team
- Sound abilities in analysis and critical thinking with a technical focus.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to organise own work priorities to meet deadlines and understanding of project management methodologies
- Sound interpersonal skills, with an ability to participate within and lead a small team environment.
- 6+ years relevant technical + leadership experience in the cyber security field, ideally with a Defence / Government focus, covering: Cyber Security Risk Management & Governance, Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM), ACSC Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Security Incidents (Top 35 / Essential 8), Cyber threat intelligence and Incident response.
- A technical background with a sound understanding of the following: Security Configuration, Log analysis, Intrusion Detection and Protection Systems, Endpoint Detection and Response Systems, Application Whitelisting, IT Security tools selection, installation and set to work, Network protocols and Windows forensics.
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) and/or relevant industry certifications
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Shakeel Jeeawody at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7781.