We are now seeking Cyber Security Specialists for our large Federal Government client in Canberra.
Duration: Till June 2021 with possible 12 months extension
Australian citizens with minimum NV1 clearance or ability to obtain one are eligible to apply
The Cyber Security Specialist is expected to have a strong understanding of ICT security policy in government, and a background in large and complex projects is essential. The Security Specialist is responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilising expertise in IT security analysis and compliance assessment. The Security Specialist will be responsible for documenting the risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the modernisation agenda.
This role will work closely with Program Architects, Solution Architect, Business Analysts, Procurement Specialists, System Integrators, ICT, and vendors to shape and inform the direction of modernisation activities.
- Conducting security architecture reviews for solutions within the scope of the program including the collection of high level security requirements, assessment of current-state security architecture and proposing target-state security architecture.
- Development and/or review of the Statement of Applicability for solutions within the scope of the program. Determination as to whether controls (ISM and PSPF) are applicable to the assessment scope, assessment of the level of readiness and effectiveness of applicable controls and documenting comments and evidence for each control.
- Development and/or review of Security Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls.
- Development and/or review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- The development and/or review of technical security documentation to support procurement.
- Participation in procurement evaluation activities, which may include the conduct of light-weight information security risk assessments.
- Undertake risk assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- Provide analysis and judgement on complex issues and make significant contribution to the management, preparation and coordination of Program deliverables.
- Develop and actively manage key internal and external relationships, including collaborating with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation. In addition to representing and explaining cyber security and architectural views in various forums.
- Liaising with vendors, ICT, and system integrators in relation to information security matters to facilitate Program outcomes.
- 5+ years of demonstrated Experience working as a Security Specialist inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs within Federal Government or private sector.
- Expert knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and cyber security risk assessments producing security documentation for both current-state and target-state
- Proven ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Federal Government security policy.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
Nice to have skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Cyber Security, ICT or a related field.
- Professional certifications in ICT security.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks.
- Previous experience with ASD Essential Eight and ASD ISM
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.