We are seeking a Data Analyst for our large Federal Government client in Melbourne.
Duration: Immediate start through to 10th January 2021 with a 6 month extension option
Australian citizens with ability to obtain a Baseline Clearance are eligible to apply
A summary of our requirements is as follows:
About The Role:
The successful candidate will use data analysis skills to lead the delivery of requirements, analyse, process data and documentation to support delivery of a number of data and analytics initiatives. This includes data on-boarding and exchange, development of risk and assurance models, data visualisation and the delivery of business reinvention initiatives. The candidate will enable business decision making support tools to make data accessible and consumable for business.
- Apply technical expertise to produce SQL scripts and use other data analytical software tools to undertake or manage complex research and analysis associated with the identifying and sizing compliance risks, monitoring and profiling, program evaluation, trend analysis and data collection
- Accountable for a data analysis function and managing complex stakeholder requests, including providing expert advice and recommendations.
- Utilise advanced and complex analytic techniques and methods independently to develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes
- Gather and investigate data and statistical information from a variety of sources to undertake business system and solution design; consider identified risks, trends, impediments and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to address them
- Utilise expertise in eliciting and documenting current and future states, user pathways, business rules, use cases, business requirements, high level solution designs and design specifications in the development and implementation of testing and release plans
- Plan, coordinate and prepare reports and risk profiles on complex matters as required
- Engage and negotiate persuasively with stakeholders to exchange information and support decision making.
- Apply effective and appropriate project management, research, design and systems development methodologies to achieve business outcomes
- Specific experience with Teradata, Hadoop (Hive, Impala), MySQL
- Highly proficient SQL skills
- Experience with data catalogue and lineage tools such as Informatica, Collibra etc.
- Solid experience in metadata management.
- Demonstrated experience in end to end system testing, developing test cases, involving users and documenting outcomes
- Experience in delivering Data and Analytics solutions to support business decision making,
- A demonstrated commitment to self-development, accountability and skills transfer.
- Demonstrated experience in development of risk and assurance modelling.
- Experience presenting data effectively using business insight and visualisation tools
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.