To meet Modis' continuously growing pipeline of work, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join the team to support and drive our expanding business. In this role you will be responsible for providing a daily status update for Stakeholders during the engagement; Undertaking knowledge transfer as part of the approach to this engagement; Monitoring and fine tune Database performance: Closely monitor performance; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure the database is running at optimum speed and efficiency; Maintain database backup/recovery environment: Respond quickly to refresh data; verify implementation of correct backup strategy; develop recovery procedures; support recovery from loss of data caused by user or system error, etc.
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of in-depth experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of Multiple Databases and 3+ years of non-relational Database experience with MongoDB in one or more enterprise computing environments
- Experience working with emerging Cloud Technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Experience with the Agile Development Methodology a plus
- Ability to provide technical expertise and troubleshooting advice to help team to quickly identify and resolve database related problems
- Demonstrated experience working well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high pressure situations and complex environments.
- Work with technical stakeholders and enablement team to accurately synthesise information and ensure that the desired outcome is achieved within the shortest timeframe possible.
- Understand that the organization would like to have the proposed solution built and deployed in the given timeframe.
- Install and upgrade database and related products: Keep databases at current release and maintenance levels; install supporting products; provide current, stable production and development environments.
- Reorganize database structures as needed: Automate procedures at regular intervals; use tools to reorganize or defrag database table spaces, tables, and indexes; provide efficient database environment to maximize productivity and improve performance.
- Perform application refreshes on request: Refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff; execute necessary tasks to accomplish this, including export, drop, create, and import prescheduled time to minimize impact; provide application development staff optimal development environment with current data.
- Capacity planning and reporting: Monitor file system space, database allocation, etc.; verify efficient use of disk storage; reclaim dead space; optimize space allocation and avoid out-of-space conditions.
- Create, develop, and review the physical model created from the logical model, ensuring the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines, and procedures recommended for all aspects of data modeling, database design, and maintenance; ensure proper data modeling and design paradigms are applied.
- Review overall physical database structures for data integrity, performance quality, recoverability, maintenance, and space requirement considerations.
- Communicate complex technical information in a concise and articulate manner.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of DBA tools and new emerging technologies.
- Be responsible for the integrity of production test and QA database environments.
- Be responsible for application-oriented database administration and technical support for the various development, training, testing, and production requirements of relational database environments; focus on application-specific database issues to ensure optimal application performance and integrity.
- Develop utilities for monitoring and evaluating data quality.
- Assist in the definition and development of database documentation and standards.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Sejal on sejal.cheema.modis.com/0447572684
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"