A Federal Government organisation is looking for an experienced Data Management Officer. This is a 12-month contract with 2 x 6-month contract extension and it is based in Sydney CBD.
The role is to review and advise on all proposals across the obtaining of bulk data from third parties. The role is required to work closely with the business areas to support the acquisition of the required data, on-board it and make it available to support business outcomes.
- contributing to the end-to-end business strategy and rationale involving proposed new data acquisitions
- tracking and supporting business areas in meeting their legal and governance requirements relating to special purpose data acquisitions
- working with business areas and third parties to understand available data and its alignment to business needs
- supporting pilot activities to enable business areas to determine whether data acquisitions should proceed
- coordinate with data analysts on data quality and improvement opportunities and support the data to be available for desired business outcomes.
- MUST be a full Australian Citizen who has been living in Australia for the past 5 years
- Experience in managing and governance of large, sensitive, high value data assets
- Able to contribute to strong working relationships, engaging with business partners across both technical and business areas to support outcomes
- Able to work as part of a team to prioritise and manage tasks to meet conflicting deadlines in an environment of continuous change
- An effective communicator who can build and share knowledge across their team by mentoring and developing its technical capabilities in leading data management practises
- Experience in data acquisition, data governance and data ethics is preferred.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
For further information please contact Freda Kwok at Clicks IT Recruitment on (02) 9200 4404, quoting reference FK63790.