To meet Modis' continuously growing pipeline of work and for managing transformational projects, we are looking for a Data Scientist with a proven track record of solving large, complex data analysis and machine learning problems in a real-world product development setting and to support and drive our expanding business.
The primary focus will be applying data science techniques, creating statistical analyses, and building and testing machine learning algorithms to support the strategic needs of the business.
- Design development and testing of machine learning models.
- Sourcing data, preparing data and conducting feature engineering.
- Development of visualizations to communicate model outputs and inputs to a user.
- Contribute to the improvement of the technical architecture and processes used to develop and deploy predictive models.
- Improve existing predictive model functionality and performance.
- Prepare documentation and presentations for a variety of stakeholders.
Skill and Experience
- Degree in analytical fields (operational research, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics) with over 5 years of experience across Mining, Petroleum, Oil & Gas sector.
- Experience in the successful development and deployment of predictive models.
- Experience with computer programming (R/Python/SQL).
- Ability to deliver business insight.
- Flexibility to work in a diverse team in a dynamic environment.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Culture & Benefits
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about diverse range of opportunities at Ajilon and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
For more information on the role, please contact Kerry Cooper 08 9324 8418
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.