A Managed Service Provider with a growing client basis is looking for an experienced Desktop Support for an initial 3 month contract based in Melbourne's CBD. Experience supporting external clients will be a plus as well as plenty of experience working in a large Wintel environment.
* Installing hardware / repairing hardware;
* Printer and multi-function device management;
* Server Maintenance / Network administration;
* Data backup and restore;
* Asset management;
* Mobile phone / telecoms administration;
* Contracting / maintenance / leasing contracts;
* Software Licensing;
* Documenting (knowledge base, procedures, help guides, etc.);
* End user education;
* Software rollouts.
* Demonstrated understanding of PC hardware and components with experience in the support of desktop PCs and mobile devices in a large WAN environment;
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
* Relevant industry knowledge and demonstrated experience with:
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
* Windows XP/Windows 7
* Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365;
* Mac OSX
* Microsoft Office suite
* Internet Explorer 6/7/8
* Printing issues
* Desktop computer network configurations
* VPN configuration access issues and network security;
* Demonstrated ability to prioritise work/projects and meet strict deadlines;
* Technical troubleshooting and problem resolution;
* Various network & administrative tasks: upgrades, roll outs, documentation, floor walking, office moves, etc.
* Demonstrated experience in setting up and supporting technologies for desktop environment.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.