My client is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company with one of their offices here in Melbourne.
In the role of Entry Ops Engineer, you will work for the Entry SRE team on critical systems that are used for the delivery and scanning of digital tickets.
Under the Entry SRE team, you will be responsible for the monitoring and operation of systems in production and assist team initiatives for the implementation of SRE practices across the software engineering teams. You will rely on your experience to identify complex technical issues through monitoring, debugging, research and investigation whilst assisting in delivering high quality tools that support the operation of systems in production.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Implement and maintain monitoring capabilities for visibility into system failures for proactive response to availability incidents, while taking proactive steps to avoid issues or outages
- As part of a global team provide 24x7 oncall coverage for events and major incident responses, assist advanced troubleshooting across the stack in complex failure scenarios.
- Provide day-to-day support on configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems in production.
- Meet availability SLAs and supporting SLOs; analyze performance against defined metrics and assist with building capabilities to meet targets.
- Help leverage Infrastructure Capabilities, Automation and Software to build reliability and scalability into products.
- Contribute to future improvements of service delivery processes and operations
- Collaborate with product engineering to bring new components and features to production
- Interact with Product Managers and Engineering teams
- Seek to build relationships and partners with internal and external team members
- Skilled engineer with solid knowledge of multiple domains: software development, configuration management, test integration, system engineering and administration, and customer support.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Passionate about technology and transformation.
- Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious.
- Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams.
- Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions.
- Consistent track record of going the extra mile for the success of the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 3+ years of professional experience helping to build and support a Tech stack comprised of Go, Java, or similar languages
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps
- Strong systems engineering and administration skills
- Experience working with cloud based systems such as AWS
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana and Kibana
- Experience with messaging systems such as Apache Kafka
- Experience with production monitoring
- Experience working in an SOA environment
- Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Fatema Galabhai at Clicks IT Recruitment on 0408 773 543.