Are you ready for a challenging and exciting endeavour that will require the investment of a lot of hard work, dedication and all your experience? Are you ready to bring your skills, competencies and experience to support BCD Meetings & Events in enhancing our business? Do you have a solid understanding of the MICE industry and proven project management experience? You might be exactly the new team member we are looking for.
The Event Coordinator will have the responsibility of managing logistics of multiple events simultaneously for the client assigned.The events coordinator will report to the Operations & Account Leader and he/she will work very closely with client stakeholders and ensure that all client’s requirements are properly and professionally managedand at all times maintain a clear line of communication back to the team. The events coordinator must be able to travel when required and oversee such elements as website development, attendee management and final program billing.
- Work with client and event team to develop, coordinate and implement meetings and events
- Create and develop program timeline, ensure deadlines are met accordingly
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings while taking clients on tours of venue possibilities; follow up with site inspection notes, revised estimated budget, program itinerary and program timeline
- Conduct pre-program briefings and post-program debriefings
- Facilitate the creative direction and fulfilment of program related participant and host communications materials, including, but not limited to websites, pre-trip and on-site materials, etc
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down
- Work very closely with the events team in ensuring accurate and timely information is clearly communicated
- Participates in regular group meetings with client stakeholders, events team, and any officially appointed third party partners of BCD Meetings & Events
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, creating comprehensive and readable financial reports and oversee the invoice payment of deposits with the necessary follow ups
- Track and manage air, hotel and vendor attrition, cancellation and deposit schedules
- Source and negotiate hotel, air, venue etc. contracts, utilizing and leveraging on preferred and approved partners
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
- Work independently in the absence of supervision and support and train staff as required
We’re looking for you if your profile matches the following:
- Diploma or Degree in Event Management or equivalent
- Up to 3 years’ experience managing meetings, incentives, events and special events, external vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in client management within event planning industry
- Have prior management / exposure to Pharmaceutical meetings industry will be a plus
- CMP, PMP accreditation will be a plus
- Tech-savvy and quick to learn a new tool or have prior understanding of event management technology (such as cvent, EventsAir, EventsPro)
- Strong client relationship and customer service
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and client presentations.
- Ability to lead and work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios
- Ability to inspire teamwork and collaboration and achieving results through others
- Competency to manage client relationships-establishing, developing and maintaining trust and loyalty overtime and through changes
- Ability to identify event needs and respond creatively listening to information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge and determining solutions.
- Capability of problem solving-anticipating, initiating and resolving vendor issues.
- Capability of thinking analytically, innovatively, strategically and conceptually
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects and timetables
- Ability to negotiate pricing and concessions, manage a project budget and
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects
- Moderate travel required
What we offer you:
This is an exciting experience within an international work environment. You’ll be working with a great international team of colleagues in a dynamic work environment.
Your work location:
Get to know us
BCD Meetings & Events is an independently managed operating company of BCD Group and a sister organization of BCD Travel, one of the three largest travel management companies in the world. BCD Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, BCD Meetings & Events has more than 1,000 resources in over 40 countries, with sales exceeding US$850 million. For more information, visit www.bcdme.com