One of our premium clients based in Melbourne's West is looking for a highly experienced and committed Field Technician. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Support skill set to this organisation.
- Make minor repairs and replace components on Tier I equipment such as PCs, workstations and peripherals, printers, front-end POS systems, First Line Maintenance on ATMs and kiosks, and single pocket proof encoders
- Ownership of customer problems or incidents until the situation has been resolved to the customer's satisfaction and or in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements
- Work on financial/ATM products; Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment; May also perform required modular swaps and unit replacements
- Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance on assigned products
- Maintain an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping
- Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as all expenses incurred
- May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports
- May require prolonged travel, carrying and lifting tool kit/parts of varying weights (1- 50 lbs.);
- May require bending/squatting, walking/standing /sitting for prolonged periods
Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-1 years of related experience
- Retail EPOS maintenance or install experience is required
- Strong desktop hardware experience may be considered if EPOS experience is limited
- Familiar with RAM processes and functions
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite; Experience on Windows XP, Windows 2000 operating systems required
- Experience in PC Hardware Maintenance and support
- A+ Certification
- ITE or Polytechnic in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills/customer relationship skills required
- High level of personal integrity; Support and promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and on-call
- Must be able to work long hours
- Travel around Melbourne, Victoria will be required, therefore all applicants will need a reliable car
- Reimbursement for accommodation and KMS travelled in Regional Victoria
- Must have steel capped boots
- Inventory of tools will be required eg;
- Screwdriver sets
- Ratchet Set
- Shifter etc.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong Field Technician skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Birsen Polat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"