We are now seeking a Finance Manager to support our Federal Government client's multi-year Modernisation Program here in Canberra.
Duration: Immediate start until June 2021 with 12 month extensions.
Citizenship requirements: Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain Baseline clearance
The Finance Manager of the Modernisation Program Delivery section works with the Program Manager to successfully support the efficient execution of the Program. The primary purpose of the role is to oversee, coordinate and manage the provision of financial performance through effective and compliant cost attribution, project cost change control and overall financial control and reporting.
- Provision of advice and support regarding cost management and control procedures to enable transparency of total portfolio costs
- Production of accurate, reliable and evidence based financial reporting
- Support project budgeting and forecasting processes including managing the connection up to the portfolio level
- Engagement with key stakeholders (internal and external) including advising senior executives on portfolio financial status, financial strategies and supporting the design of high level cost models across the portfolio
- Provide input into monthly and other financial reports that show bud and value-add analytics that provide early warning on resource / funding deficiencies
- Support the harvesting of program benefits and provide guidance for benefits owners of the program
- Conduct audits and reconciliations of financial systems and registers to ensure cost data accuracy and consistency
- Provide input into ongoing project risk management and requirement management practices
- Set financial governance for the division
- Support the division with generalist finance queries
- Experience dealing with Public Service financial data
- Strong cost accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex financial issues and ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and experience using budgeting, forecasting and reporting tools
- Advanced computer software skills, including advance Excel and other accounting packages
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or in a related discipline and 5+ years' experience in an accountancy role.
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA or CPA preferred.
- Experience with procurement, expense management, and budget management.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.