In this role you will be part of a team responsible for the overall maintenance, support and development of the OMS application, related custom built applications and interfaces across all of Victoria Power Networks. These applications are business critical, supporting the core function of the business, including network outage management and end to end network planning.
You will also be responsible for business systems analysis and design, opportunities for improvements, and evaluating process and feasibility of solutions. This role will require you to work with various stakeholders, including application vendors and internal customers/partners.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong working experience in Outage Management Systems (preferably PowerOn Restore), database design/maintenance, programming, application systems support, and demonstrated experience with
- Good programming knowledge and skills, including VB, Magik, Visual .Net, Shell script
- Good understanding of PL/SQL
- Strong problem solving skills in a high pressure environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or related discipline
- Exposure to a wide range of IT hardware and software and formal IT customer methodologies
- Experience with high availability systems and 24x7 system support
- A good understanding of electrical distribution network assets and operating assets desirable
If you wish to apply for this fantastic opportunity, please submit your resume in WORD format by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Or for a confidential phone chat, please call Ratika Dhupar at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4820 or email for further information, quoting reference 63440.