One of our premium clients based in Brisbane is looking for a highly experienced and committed GIS Developer. This key position will be responsible for the development, and support services across Assets Application. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience with installing, configuring and maintaining the following ESRI products - ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Desktop.
- General experience with GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Web Mapping and MapInfo.
- A good working knowledge of geographic information management and spatial data standards.
- Demonstrated experience in Oracle Spatial database (or similar) including PL/SQL, writing packages and procedures.
- Experience in the analysis, design, and implementation of GIS applications.
- Experience with HTML, python and .NET Integrated Development Environments such as Visual Studio, VS Code, PyScripter.
- Experience working with a range of spatial data formats such as ESRI geodatabases, Oracle Spatial, TAB File, Shapefile GeoJSON, WMS, WFS, GTFS.
- Experience in data management (Spatial and non-spatial) using ETL tools (FME) and experience working with linear referencing systems.
- Mobile application development experience.
- Understanding of UX, UI and performance issues in relation to GIS mobile app development.
- Experience in best practice software development tools and approaches including software engineering, source control, code reviews, continuous integration, automated deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis and development of options papers and business cases.
- Must have experience using JIRA (or a similar tool) in an Agile Scrum Framework.
- Must have experience defining a technical solution where key attributes such as performance and security are always taken into consideration.
- The role may have quarterly Key Performance Indicators to maintain.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring energetic dynamics and a strong GIS Development skill set to this organization.
For more information on the role, please contact Payal Seth on 07 3000 1563 or email email@example.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity eEmployer committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"