My client has an immediate need to bring on a Technical Director across Architecture/Enterprise Data. This is a GM level role reporting into the CIO. Peers to this role include, GM Business Technology, GM Portfolio Optimisation, GM Digital and CRM, Head of Operations and Tech Director IT Vendor Strategy. They are therefore looking for a candidate who has headed up Technology Architecture teams in an Enterprise environment, across a large and multi-million technology portfolio.
This role will be responsible for the architectural oversight, solution reviews, initiative sequencing and aligning architectural inter-dependencies of all data programs that are part of my clients transformation journey. This encompasses, defining, owning and updating the data architectural landscape in line with the Enterprise Data strategy covering both structured and unstructured information/data attributes, including documents and imaging.
- Review the E2E Enterprise Data initiatives road-map to ensure the right architectural decisions and sequencing of the road-map is in line with business strategy and time-lines.
- Provide technical advice and oversight of all data programs (including data migration, integrity, platform enablement, tooling etc) across the different service lines from legacy, external and internal systems.
- Ensure all analytical, operational data initiatives and programs are aligned and integrated from an architectural perspective, particularly to deliver against data quality and data integrity goals.
- Work with all data programs to deliver technical strategy, architecture and design artefacts and ensure alignment to the business, technology and data architecture outcomes across my clients delivery portfolio across the following areas; scope, program and project plans, dependencies, Risks & issues etc.
- Manage strategic E2E technology planning, interdependencies and sequencing for the whole of data programs.
- Define and manage the interface points, dependencies and inputs and outputs across all data related initiatives.
- Provision data integration function coordinating across the various data initiatives and communicating the data story top down.
- Provision the technical leadership and advice around data to program sponsors, program managers and project managers to achieve key delivery milestones and business outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through practical experience.
- Financial services and specifically insurance industry sector experience.
- Executive stakeholder management, including preparation of papers and reports for executive and Board audiences.
- Extensive experience leading transformation through technology strategy and execution.
- Experience with core operational platforms
- Formal enterprise, solution and technical architecture experience and certification, particularly from an information domain perspective, e.g. TOGAF
- State and / or federal government experience, and / or preferably in a regulatory environment with high levels of requirements around compliance
- Vendor management, selection and evaluation experience for software technology and consulting / system integrator providers
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in reshaping my clients existing architecture team as well as helping in the validation of the technical strategy, please apply NOW. Alternatively please reach to Megan Edwards on 0429604968 or on for a further discussion.