HOME SUPPORT ASSESSOR - NEW ENGLANDAustralia - NSW, Tamworth & North West NSW
Do you want to work for an innovative aged care company where you can make a real difference? Then please read on…..
- Join one of the most innovative and energetic companies in Aged Care
- Part Time (45 hrs per fortnight), 13 month fixed term contract
- Central to North New England location
About the Role:
As a Home Support Assessor you will be visiting our clients aged 65 years and over and conducting holistic assessments with a focus on wellness and reablement. This is to empower our clients to maintain their independence and wellbeing as part of the Regional Assessment Service (RAS).
During each assessment you will capture vital client information to build on the My Aged Care client story. Working together with the client to develop a support plan and identify their individual unique goals, assisting them to connect with appropriate services and supports within their local community.
In this role you will utilise a number of technologies, including the National Screening and Assessment Form, video conferencing, internal social media together with various software products, to support clients and stay connected with your team.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment and goal orientated support planning in aged, community, health or social services
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care, Community Services or similar
- Be a confident and skilled communicator with the ability to engage and motivate clients, families, staff and other stakeholders with a positive approach.
- Have the ability to attend up to 4 weeks of full time training (all costs covered) including 10 days of initial training and orientation at our Head Office in Coolangatta, QLD and 10 days of training in your region.
- You will be expected to have some local knowledge and/or the ability to network with community aged care service providers and stakeholder within your region
- Hold an unrestricted drivers licence and own a reliable insured vehicle
- Have access to fast internet services
- Have the ability to travel and stay away from home (if required).
Qualified RAS Assessors are encouraged to apply.
The Home Support Assessor is a community based role where you will travel to client’s homes in the New England area, which is why it is essential you are located within this specific area. Ideally you will be located around the Warialda area.
This is a part time, 13 month fixed term contract with planned start date of 4th June 2018. Further employment opportunities and advancements may also be available at the end of this period.
Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary sacrifice (up to $15,899 per annum)
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Full technology kit and training appropriate to your role
About Feros Care:
Feros Care is a multi-award winning not-for-profit organisation offering quality aged and community care services since 1990. We are now very excited to be a part of the NDIS in supporting people with disabilities.
Our focus is on helping people to remain living independent, socially connected, healthy and fulfilling lives. Feros Care takes a fresh approach to care, providing our clients with reliable, flexible, and innovative solutions designed to meet their individual needs.
We have been recognised nationally for innovation and have received many business awards.
We encourage people with disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a criminal records check in accordance with legislation and provide proof of your right to work in Australia.