Our client is seeking an Infrastructure Designer with solid experience in Cloud Services (AWS and Azure) and broad infrastructure design capabilities for an initial 6 month contract as part of a large-scale modernisation program. This role is based in Sydney CBD.
The Infrastructure Designer will be responsible for:
- Producing solution and infrastructure designs (both high level and very detailed) and associated functional specifications.
- Solid experience in Microsoft eco systems and solutions for on premise and cloud services implementations.
- Capabilities in Linux operating systems, F5 hardware application delivery controllers, Database platforms (MS SQL, Oracle), Enterprise grade storage arrays and networking design are required.
- Ability to design solutions with a security posture focus against the Australian Signals Directorate Information Security Manual is highly desired.
- Scoping and designing the overarching solution and infrastructure designs in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and Solution and Infrastructure Designers.
- Liaising with customer facing groups as needed to understand client and customer needs in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Making solution and infrastructure design decisions that ensure effective, secure, scalable, convergent, flexible and manageable solutions of high standards.
- Ensuring that the IT solution will satisfy the business needs in a cost effective, resilient and operable fashion.
- Ensuring that chosen infrastructure solutions are scalable in order to satisfy a future demand for the enhanced / new service(s).
- Ensuring that chosen technology solutions are convergent in order to take advantage of internal and external needs along with a broad range of service needs.
- Ensuring the quality of technical solutions developed by other Solution & Infrastructure Designers.
- Determining resource and capacity requirements for the solutions.
- Dealing with deployment issues in a multi-tier architecture
- Producing very detailed infrastructure designs including coverage of IP addresses, firewall rules, etc.
- Documenting deployment infrastructure.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of migration plans.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Extensive experience in driving solutions, infrastructure architecture and designs focused on.
- Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Active Directory synchronisation and Group Policy
- Active Directory Federation Services and Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Skype on Premise/Skype For Business Online and MS Teams and MS 365 services
- Design a large enterprise-level solution upon technical, application and business requirements
- Capacity planning, disaster recovery, performance tuning and testing, logical and physical architecture design with experience in data centre re locations is desirable
- Knowledge to develop and execute complex deployment scenarios
- Consulting to support hybrid platform solutions and platform rationalization.
- Knowledge in the Linux operating (highly desirable.)
- System integration and platform transformation experience (desirable)
- MS Windows Server 2016 implementations for required technologies in a migration project
- Microsoft office suite design and implementation for Windows 10 virtual and physical desktops
- Knowledge of VMware Vsphere, Horizon View and Airwatch MDM
- Knowledge of Enterprise Security.
- Experience architecting and designing enterprise infrastructure solutions in conjunction with a range of infrastructure technologies - NetApp, VMware, HDS, HP Blades, Windows Operating Systems, Linux operating System, Active Directory, MS SQL, F5 application delivery controllers, CASB, Azure, AWS and MS365 services.
- Experience with consuming reference architecture, roadmap, policies, and standard patterns.
- Sound understanding and experience of developing and working with IT Operations product catalogue and cost models.
- Generalist broad infrastructure architecture and design expertise
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Watt at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4400.