Our client, a global creative and marketing brand with offices across Europe, Asia and Australia, are on the lookout for an Infrastructure Engineer / IT Specialist to be support their local offices.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support to the Asia Pacific businesses working closely with the VP of Central IT team in London. This role will be responsible for identifying, recommending, implementing and supporting existing and new cost-effective technology solutions that meet our clients' objectives.
As the only IT person in the local office this role will be varied and will be a mixture of support, operational work and small projects such as Server upgrades and migrations.
- Ensure all desktops and servers interconnect seamlessly with systems both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Diganose and resolve any infrastructure, applications and networking minimizeing downtime.
- Troubleshooting server platforms and network connectivity within the LAN/WAN environment.
- Monitoring, upgrading and maintaining network equipment.
- Apple Mac hardware and software.
- Windows 10 Professional.
- Addigy for Apple Mac management.
- JumpCloud Directory-As-A-Service
- Google G-Suite.
- Google Mobile Device Management
- Sophos Endpoint Protection (Sophos Central)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office 365
- Extensis Universal Type Server
- Linux and Windows server administration
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on servers and other networking equipment
- Perform work in compliance with relevant corporate standards, processes and policies
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring any servers core to the Group infrastructure
- Travel to different sites when needed (Singapore most likely)
- Dealing with hardware and infrastructure support queries and issues assigned from the central service desk
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for APAC region's infrastructure issues.
- Hardware and Software Asset Management
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the Groups infrastructure
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Dealing with queries by following ITlL procedures for fault resolution
- Operates within, enforces, and suggests modifications and additions to server standards and guidelines
The successful candidates will have experience with the following:
- Apple Mac OSX
- Windows Server 2003 - 2019
- Linux Centos
- CISCO switch, VLAN, IP routing
- An understanding of IPSEC VPN tunnels
- Dell server and storage (MD range) hardware
- VMware 5.0, 5.5 and 6.5
- Meraki WIFI and firewalls or cisco equivalent
- Web servers: Apache, IIS, tomcat
- File transfer: FTP, SSH
- Database: MySQL, MS SQL and PostgreSQL
- Google Apps
- Active directory 2003 - 2016 including DNS and GPO
- RADIUS and NPS
- PRTG or SNMP
- Sophos Antivirus
- Veeam backup software or equivalent enterprise backup software
- Amazon Web Services
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Watt at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4400.