An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the Information Technology Services (ITS) team of a federal government department to provide daily operational/BAU ICT support. The Infrastructure team is the initial point of call for users of ICT services. The Infrastructure Engineer is primarily responsible for the administrative support of ICT services, as well as a range of project work and system development tasks.
The candidate will be required to:
- Support a variety of Windows Servers, SQL Servers, backup tools, support tools and virtual infrastructure
- Deploy Applications and Operating systems using Microsoft System Center and VMWare vSphere
- Configure security products such as Windows Defender, Microsoft AppLocker and Windows Defender Application Control
- Automate Support Tasks using PowerShell, System Center Configuration Manager and other automation tools
- Provide technical support to resolve incidents and service requests effectively, promptly and courteously
- Assist with the integration of cloud services into the departments environment
- Provide support and assist the CIO, the ICT Infrastructure team and Architecture with infrastructure technology decision making
- Work with limited oversight as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
- Develop documentation such as standard operating procedures and technical knowledge base articles, assist in documentation and advise on procurement matters.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the support and integration of End User Computing ICT infrastructure, Windows Server infrastructure, and Virtualisation Infrastructure
- Experience automating systems, tasks and processes to reduce the overall support burden
- Experience working in an ACSC ISM-compliant environment with a security-first outlook on deploying, configuring and managing systems
- Knowledge and familiarity with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings from cloud and managed service providers
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.