We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to support the day to day deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technologies within the IT Infrastructure Section of a Large Federal Government Department, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer term initiatives. The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge in the area of infrastructure engineering. Experience in Windows-based environments and virtualised technologies is essential.
- Maintain and enforce security and integrity controls and establish and undertake preventive maintenance.
- Implement and administer system documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Have responsibility for establishing and maintaining the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning.
- Troubleshoot and provide service support to diagnose, resolve and repair server-related hardware and software malfunctions, including in relation to workstations and communication infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums.
- Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in planning, developing, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting an operating system and associated server hardware and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational procedures and system logs.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Experience in ensuring optimum system integrity, security, backup, printer and performance.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.