Our client requires a Business Analyst with significant experience in obtaining business requirements for report and dashboard development. The position will be required to assist the Business Intelligence project and Business Analytics & Reporting service team in obtaining access to both internal and external open source data. Assist with data management, user access to visualisation tools and with the overall focus of providing actionable insights required for current and future performance improvement.
The Business Analyst will be required to
- Support the organisational change process to ensure engagement
- Support the Business Intelligence solution and its tools
- Assist and support the investigation and capturing of internal and external data for the development of future Insights.
Background information / Compatibility requirements
The Business Analyst will need to:
- Advise on the feasibility and suitability of proposed data capture and business processes to optimise reporting.
- Facilitate strong working relationships with key stakeholders to support collaboration, the exchange of information & issues management to build on existing relationships and influence outcomes
- Provide plain language advice on technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Work as a conduit between Business Units, Project Teams and Vendors to understand interdependencies of data.
- Identify and analyse any gaps in data and articulate in simple language, the context to which subsequent data models are formed.
- Accurately contribute to project and BAU activities for the development, maintenance and management of a Business Intelligence solution
- Assist with workshops and meetings with project stakeholders, user groups and product leads to elicit, gather & analyse requirements ensuring approval and sign off of all necessary documentation.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality & user friendliness of system, including contributing and potentially developing test scripts.
- Perform any other duties, tasks or projects the employer may assign, having regard to the incumbent's skills, training and experience.
- Degree qualifications in Information Technology, Business or related field OR demonstrated solid contemporary experience in a Business Analyst role
- Superior ability to understand and deconstruct complex business processes to determine a desired and efficient outcome.
- Strong relationship development skills and ability to build a strong, collaborative relationship with the Program, Project and 3rd Party teams
- Demonstrated experience in applying advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to ensure that deliverables meet specifications
- Demonstrated experience in data management and the use of data in visualisations
- Proven ability to assess and interpret information to formulate recommendations and provide specialist advice to enable the organisation to achieve quality outcomes.
· Formal Business Analyst qualifications or certifications (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, BABOK).
Duration - Engagement will be for 6 months.