Our client is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, they have uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet, Serving customers in over 100 countries. They are currently looking forward to hire IP network customer support engineer
The Customer Support Engineer position is a technical support engineer providing first and second level technical support to major telecommunications customers in Australia and New Zealand to assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for IP networks and Network Management Systems. The engineer will work closely with the various customer organizations to support the customer's network, equipment, and operations. A candidate who thrives in an unstructured and high-pressure environment will find many opportunities to add value and develop strong relationships with customers through their technical expertise.
Be on 24/7 rooster to resolve any Customer Network issues, to meet strict Service Level Agreements (SLA), such as restore and resolve times.
A strong background in IP products knowledge (especially Nokia IP products) is highly considered.
Supported Products/IP areas:
a) 5620 SAM, NSP (NFM-P), Red Hat Linux, Java technology and Virtual Machine, Oracle database
b) 7x50 SR, 7210 SAS, 7705, etc
Key Responsibility with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Create and maintain customer relationship on a day-to-day basis conducting customer interactions in a timely and professional manner. Provide appropriate follow-up to Customers with access support 24x7x365, based on maintenance contract SLA
- For outages, identify the impact of the outage (especially customer business impact) and changes made to the customer network. Ensure outage situations are documented per guidelines to meet contractual root cause analysis obligations.
- Provide pragmatic and effective recovery; and appropriate follow up with customers.
- Prioritize, troubleshoot, diagnose, and suggest/perform corrective or preventative maintenance actions on problems reported by customers via trouble-ticketing system : Assistance Request (AR) via CARES database. Drive network problems reported by customer to a closure providing work around and fault correction (with support from Level 3).
- Engage and escalate to subsequent support level as needed. Contribute to / review upgrade guides and other procedural documentation.
- Supply input to and use the knowledge management tools. Proactively share knowledge. Ensure every fault identified is adequately documented for tracking purposes and learning opportunities
- Identify and collaborate with knowledgeable internal resources to understand and resolve technical issues.
- Interface with Product Business Division (level 3/TEC Technical Expertise Center), NPI resources, customer solution team and project team, per business requirements.
- Pull site data to assist fault investigation and reproduce customer reported issues in a lab, with the instructions and assistance from senior & expert engineers
- Investigates, collects, searches information to find appropriate methodology to troubleshooting
- Verify MOPs in a lab, with instructions and assistance from senior & expert engineers
- knowledge of minimum of one product in a given technology / domain.
- Works under normal / limited supervision.
- Requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills knowldege.
- Understands the service measurements, thresholds, and key performance indicators used to govern the product/solution.
- Follow standard practices and procedures to provide resolutions to an assortment of problems. Limited latitude / independet judgment.
- Ability to support TSA1 tickets, limited supports on TSA3 tickets (low priority / severity).
- Ability to discuss technical problems with customer.
- Assist in outage recovery / problem reproduction & RCA, by pulling required site data and lab reproduction, whenever needed, under the instruction from senior & expert engineers
- Assist on site intervention / problem reporting with supervision.
- Primarily contacts under normal supervision inter / intra-organizational and external customer on routine matters.
If this sounds like you please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential discussion please call Deepa @0280283142