We are currently seeking an IT Data Scientist for a fantastic contract opportunity with a federal government department. In collaboration with other Data Scientists, the successful candidate will develop analytical solutions to deliver transformative technical projects, which provide significant business value to the department.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Utilise data science techniques and experimental methods independently to develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes.
- Develop, enhance and maintain a range of mathematical models to monitor demand and analyse behaviour.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise in reducing vast and disparate data sets into categorised and useful summaries and reports to improve user experiences and support overall business outcomes.
- Manipulate and analyse big data from disparate systems.
- Work with a cross functional team of data scientists, data analysts, report developers and engineers to move Proof-of-Concept models/products to production for clients.
- Work closely with project managers and technical leads to meet deliverables and assist in data-driven development of products to industry and agency standards.
- Review research and discussion papers to develop skills and to share learnings and information with team.
- Convert stakeholder needs into business requirements and provide analytical solutions to support those needs.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of complex issues to influence desired outcomes.
- Present data and complex numerical information in a clear and concise manner and clearly communicate statistical concepts to senior and non-technical audiences.
- Encourage the use of new technologies and techniques to solve data problems and publish regular reporting and dashboards based on stakeholder requirements.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on (02) 6202 7716 quoting reference MO61985.