We are now seeking a hands on, experienced, technical Mainframe DB2/ZOS DBA specialist for our large Federal Government client.
Duration: 12 months with 2X6 months extension
Australian citizens with minimum Baseline clearance or ability to obtain one are eligible to apply
- Able to articulate their advanced knowledge of Mainframe DB2/ZOS database administration and apply it independently in complex situations, understanding the why
- Generating and executing DDL scripts to create, change and drop database objects in any environment from Development to Production and more importantly, understand the issues, challenges and risks when doing that
- Familiarity with CA-DMS toolset would be an advantage
- Very comfortable with working with many millions (if not billions) of rows of data in a single table
- Understands and can execute tablespace/index reorganization process and candidate selection
- Understands and can articulate the different tablespace types and their relative advantages and disadvantages (including V12); and how to migrate between them.
- Soon ready to participate in an on-call roster (1 in 5 weeks) for production support, and be confident to independently troubleshoot complex situations including recovering dropped objects
- Access path, SQL and Indexes Tuning
- Skills in SAS and/or Rexx to maintain and enhance automation processes
- Database Job scheduling experience - Knowledge of TWS/OPC would be an advantage
- Experience in the use and/or installation of Db2 Connect and Data Studio would be an advantage
- An advantage if you have other z/OS experience such as MQ/CICS/zOS or other tools in terms of usage and customisation.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.