We are now seeking IT Database Administrators for our large Federal Government client in Canberra.
Duration: Till June 2021 with 3 months extension
Australian citizens with minimum Baseline clearance are eligible to apply
The Midrange DBA manages all database needs of the client's Midrange environments. The Midrange DBA team in Infrastructure Services looks after midrange databases, mostly on Microsoft SQL server environment in the client's both on-Premises and on-Cloud Vendors. The team provides database design support, approval and assurance of database changes, database development and deployment support, on-going maintenance, incident support, capacity management, automate SQL Server build and configuration, and maintenance of IT Database Standards, assess new SQL Server features and improve internal day -to-day support processes.
- Build, test, deploy and automate the build and configuration of the database platform
- Working very closely with the Cloud Support team to build the Midrange database capability through Cloud offering
- Use experience to create, modify and align with industry database platform standards
- Monitor and optimise database performance and capacity
- Develop and implement access controls to secure databases from unauthorised access and use
- Design and build Cloud offering backup solution to align with client's operational backup, archive and recovery activities and test Disaster Recovery plans and capabilities
- Evaluate and report security breaches and database related incidents; analyse their impacts and recommend and apply remedial solutions
- Take the initiative to document database structures, objects and processes associated with database administration activities and together with the implementation process
Our Ideal Job Seeker:
- Highly experience on Midrange Database platforms e.g. SQL Server, Mongodb, DynamoDB, PaaS offering, Oracle, Midrange DB2, etc.
- Highly experience in power-shell script for the automation build and deploy
- Domain controller, Operation system, Active Directory
- Microsoft products (e.g. SSIS, SSRS, etc.) and tools, clustering, etc.
- Cloud offering services platform
- Experience in test case design, creation, and execution
- Knowledge and understanding Network Infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in producing and maintaining system documentation
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.