We are now seeking Mainframe Developers for our large Federal Government client in Canberra
Duration: 12 months with 12 months extension
Australian citizens with minimum Baseline clearance are eligible to apply
The Mainframe developers work in number of applications which are running in the Mainframe production domain. You are accountable for to coordinate and undertake detailed, complex, IT technical or sensitive operational and administrative work that impacts on the Departments operations. It may be required to produce high-level IT technical, operational and procedural advice, engaging in complex problem solving and issues management.
- Experience in developing and maintenance of computer applications through agile methodology using Cool:Gen, COBOL.
- Identify problems in application and infrastructure areas and assess their significance and provide technical solutions to resolve the issues
- Understand and operate within agreed quality standards and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
- Support all phases of the development lifecycle which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting, implementation, and maintenance
- Understand the strategic objectives of stakeholders in the development of products and delivery mechanisms to improve business outcomes
- Engage with stakeholders on complex issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
- Provide expert advice to senior staff and relevant business areas on operational and administrative work, and develop strategies to resolve operational and administrative problems
- Lead, change and deal with uncertainty while addressing production issues in a positive and flexible manner.
Mainframe Technical skills with an excellent application development experience in:
- COOL:GEN, COBOL and DB2.
- Environment and / or test support
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.