We are now seeking IT Program Manager for our large Federal Government client.
Location: Canberra and Melbourne
Duration: Till June 2021 with 2 X12 months extension
Australian citizens with minimum Baseline clearance or ability to obtain one are eligible to apply
Our client is seeking an experienced Program Delivery Lead to join a growing program team to deliver their Strategic Sourcing Sub-Program.
The Strategic Sourcing Sub-Program is tasked with transforming the current IT infrastructure arrangements into new commercial arrangements that will be both highly complex (both individually and as a multi-vendor EST delivery solution) and of high value.
A key outcome is reviewing Service Management, IT Service Desk, End User Technologies and Centralised Computing requirements and options considering client's current and future needs, which support improved flexibility and availability, increased use of automation and Cloud, changes in usage and optimising costs over time
- Lead, plan, organise, direct and control the work of other managers and directors to ensure a high-level of accuracy, consistency and integration across business in terms of advice provided or functions managed
- Lead and be accountable for planning, organising and managing allocated resources, program financials, setting work area priorities, managing complex projects and workflows, developing strategies, managing risks and dependencies across multiple projects and evaluating project and business outcomes and delivery.
- Provide authoritative and expert advice and deliver results with a significant degree of independence within a framework of policies, priorities, objectives and strategy
- Be accountable to share own project management expertise with others, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes
- Develop and/or modify strategies and policies that extend to complex issues, which may not have established precedents or guidelines, and devise solutions that ensure achievement of outcomes and objectives
- Lead, plan, coordinate and undertake high-level research and analysis with regard to IT technical and non-technical matters for the purpose of maintaining and increasing compliance levels and improving internal productivity
- Lead, initiate, manage, plan and/or direct major high profile, complex or research IT projects
- Set the overall direction, and frequently solve new and complex problems, particularly with reference to stakeholder negotiations and issue resolution.
- Extensive experience in leading, planning, managing program financials, and tracking delivery of a large Program and its sub-projects to support the delivery of the Strategic Sourcing Sub-Program.
- Extensive experience in understanding the dependencies and relationships to other programs with a true integration focus to support the delivery of a new commercial arrangements.
- Extensive experience in engaging with various integration forums and working in a multi-vendor environment
- Extensive experience in leading and building effective, blended teams in a multi-vendor environment while providing the key link between senior executives and these teams.
- Ability to represent the client at external forums and senior leadership meetings e.g. Steering Committee and EST Leadership, and liaise on behalf of the client on significant, complex or technical issues with incumbent service providers, external practitioners, industry representatives and government agencies.
- Extensive experience in collaborating with Procurement, Technical and Legal Advisors as well as stakeholders across multiple business areas to deliver technical and commercial outcomes
- Extensive experience in capital and operational risk and issue management, financial management, scheduling, and program status reporting in large organisations
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.