A large Federal Government Department is seeking an IT Project Manager who will bring specialist skills to oversee all stages of design, acquisition and implementation and will ensure project governance and control is maintained. Knowledge of cloud services in a large enterprise will compliment a strong IT background and Project Management skillset. The role will benefit from building productive working relationships within program and project stakeholders; and working under pressure to meet deadlines. The right candidate would bring leadership and experience to create opportunities to optimise and mitigate risks.
- Ensure the project is delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
- Prepare budget based on requirements and scope of work.
- Develop and manage a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities and manage delivery of the project according to this plan.
- Monitor project dates, tasks, hours spent, risks, dependencies, blockers and customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Track project costs and provide project updates to key stakeholders on a regular basis about project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Be accountable for working with external providers, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes.
- Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues outside of delegation.
- Demonstrated project management experience in I.T.
- Experience implementing corporate technology systems.
- Experience leading procurement activities in government.
- Experience overseeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent understanding of compute infrastructure and cloud technologies.
- Excellent vendor and contract negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail.
- ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred, PMP certifications desirable.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Matthew Clarke at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7716.