A government organisation is looking for an IT Security Architect. This is a 6-month contract with possible extension and it is based in Sydney CBD.
- Accountable for IT and Cloud Security Strategy.
- Responsible for planning, design and implementation of Windows 10 and Windows Server Hardening.
- Responsible for deployment of IT technical controls to implement ACSC Essential 8 controls in the network.
- Provide input and help tune current policies for End Point Protection (EPP) and End Point Detection and Response (EDR) technologies.
- Design and implement security controls for email platform including, but not limited to Email filtering, advance threat protection, sandboxing and isolation, encryption, etc.
- Support security investigations including review of security events from by Security Operations Center (SOC), Intrusion Detection Systems, Windows Auditing logs, etc.
- Solid understanding of network, hardware, virtualisation (vSphere, Nutanix), operational software and applications as they relate to security policies, industry trends and business needs.
- Document and updated existing network diagrams as well as audit of current information. Responsible to correct when files do not reflect current status.
- Ensure compliance to current NSW Government Cyber Security Policy
- Undertake investigations and report on security breaches and events. Guide the refinement of practices and processes and reduce the likelihood and impact of security related incidents.
- Perform regular security reviews to identify ICT vulnerabilities and coordinate remedial action.
- Manage communication and reporting on security to compliance bodies and to inform stakeholder benefits statements.
- Relevant experience as an IT and Cloud Security Architect
- Previous experience with PowerShell, Active Directory, DNS, SSL and Certificate Management is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of Windows 10 and Windows Server Hardening
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of security controls for email platform
- Able to start ASAP
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Freda Kwok at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4404.