Our client is embarking on a number of major technology projects as part of a larger technology transformation in several areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud.
The IT Security team is responsible for protecting the business's IT assets and environments, providing an IT security advisory service and managing a security framework which applications and systems are measured in terms of compliance against government requirements.
This is an initial 6 month contract and is very likely to extend multiple times.
- Manage a team and to a budget that provides IT security services that meet business and information protection needs, including ICT security program management, gateway security operations, cyber security and identity and access management operational support.
- Experience leading a team of IT security professionals and ability to maintain a good team culture, prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Develop and manage the IT Security policy and formal security framework.
- Monitor IT security policies, guidelines and standards across systems and applications to ensure compliance against government IT and security requirements (eg PSPF).
- Manage an annual PSPF compliance assessment; assessing, maintaining and reporting PSPF compliance, identifying remediation actions and managing agreed uplist actions to completion
- Advise on cyber security best practice, working with Project teams to ensure compliance and consistency with security policies and standards.
- Monitor networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur
- High Level Security Design, including security tools (e.g. firewall, data encryption), to protect sensitive information.
- Define, prioritise and deliver an ongoing risk-based Security Uplift Program that includes recommendations from external reviews, assessments and PenTests.
- Develop processes to identify, assess and facilitate the management of IT security risks including planning for future challenges in security requirements and IT trends.
- Report on IT security capability at an operational level and an executive level.
- Provide oversight and supervision of security management processes including change management, penetration testing, vulnerability management, and logging and monitoring
- Ensure information systems are under appropriate control from an information security point of view including maintaining compliance with PSPF and ISO 27001.
- Identify and manage security risks, threats, vulnerabilities and treatment.
- Manage relationships with vendors with respect to service delivery KPI's, incident response and timely Root Case Analysis with preventative/ corrective actions and moving towards "as a service" delivery capability
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5-7 years' experience in an IT security management role and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in IT security, IT auditing or operational risk management fields.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT security policies, standards, guidelines and processes in a multi-platform IT environment.
- Experience providing strategic and operational advice to senior management
- In-depth understanding of IT Security methodologies and frameworks
- Exposure to Cloud platforms and the associated Security considerations
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of excellent operational services?
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills, with the ability to persuade, convince and influence stakeholders and staff in regards to IT security
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret and summarise business information, technical documents, budgets and data reports.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to Executive management both verbally and via written reports.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, including report writing and presentation skills
- Experience working collaboratively with multifunctional project teams, building and maintaining productive working relationships
- Due to the need for Security Clearance, all applicants hold a current Australian Citizenship to be considered.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Watt at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4400.