Clicks is a specialist IT recruitment company with offices in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. A home-grown Australian business with global capability, Clicks has been providing contract and permanent recruitment services to Australia's leading government and blue-chip organisations since 1990.
Our Federal Government client is looking for an experienced IT Security Officer who will monitor and support security measures in their ICT environment in an initially short term contract.
They are seeking a IT Security Officer to:
- Support the delivery of secure IT services within the Department's Protected network.
- Provide guidance and advice on IT security matters.
- Provide advice and technical expertise to guide the delivery of IT security activities.
- Contribute to the strategic planning for the IT security of the agency.
- Perform detection and support of IT security incident investigation.
- Coordinate and conduct audits of IT systems and report on audit and quality control activities.
- Conduct threat and risk assessments on new and existing technologies and develop related IT system security documentation.
- Support the delivery of IT security awareness and training.
- Develop and maintain plans, policies, processes and procedures relating to IT security with the Department.
To secure this role you have:
- Experience providing IT Security support including the use of IT security systems to perform technical analysis, evaluation and investigation.
- Excellent problem solving, problem management and analytical skills.
- Experience detecting and supporting the investigation of IT security incidents.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Experience identifying and implementing IT security improvements.
- Well-developed communication skills with an ability to communicate with influence.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with an ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships.
- Experience developing documentation and reports.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, industry practices and procedures.
Ideally, you are an Australian Citizen and have an NV1 Clearance.
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity and get the full job description, APPLY NOW or call Harry Enright on (02) 6202 7744 quoting reference VL-62147 for more information.