The IT Security Specialist is responsible for protecting IT assets and environments, providing IT security advisory service and managing a security framework for apps & systems.
This is an initial 6 month contract and is very likely to extend.
- Addressing requests and incidents raised by IT Security customers
- Executing any IT Security related Commissioning or Decommission Tasks
- Assisting in development of appropriate technical rules/policy for Whitelisting, Firewalls, Proxy, and other gateway devices
- Investigating and Management of Security Infrastructure issues including email, proxy and firewalls.
- Investigation and Management of IT Security Incidents
- Managing SSL Certificate, Proxy and other Whitelisting Requests
- Assisting with design, implementation, upgrade and support of IT Security Infrastructure
- Development of Documentation and Processes for managing IT Security Infrastructure
- Development of guidance and training advice for end users
- Responding to and resolving System alerts from IT Security Infrastructure
- Managing Regular Health Checks of IT Security Infrastructure
- As part of the IT Security team, you will be contributing to Project tasks as required
- Provide IT security services that meet business and information protection needs, including ICT security program management, gateway security operations, cyber security and identity and access management operational support.
- Contribute to the reporting on IT security capability to C-Level stakeholders
- Complete documentation and provide training to others within the team.
- Undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Information Security principles and practices
- Demonstrated technical knowledge relating to:
- Network perimeter security technologies (firewalls, IPS/IDS and web content filters).
- Windows Host based security Technologies (Windows Firewall, Applocker, Group Policy and Operating System Hardening)
- System Hardening across a range of Operating Systems and Applications
- McAfee Endpoint Security including HIPS and AV
- Other Security Technologies including SIEM, Web Proxies, Email Gateways etc
- Awareness of current frameworks applicable to the Australian Government, such as Protective Security Policy Framework and Information Security Manual.
- Demonstrable skills in assessing, analysing and resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, utilising all relevant sources of information, media and stakeholder channels, data, reporting, systems and/or databases.
- 5 + years of experience in an information technology role, with experience in information security for at least 3 of those years.
- Experience in incident, problem, change and release management, based on the ITIL framework.
- Experience in effectively presenting complex information to different target audiences through strong business writing skills and verbal communication.
- High level analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills, with the ability to persuade, convince and influence stakeholders and staff regarding IT security
Please Note: Due to the need to gain a Baseline Security Clearance, we are only able to consider Australian Citizens for this role.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Tom Watt at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 9200 4400.