The IT Security Specialist is expected to have a strong understanding of ICT security policy in government, and a background in large and complex projects is essential. The Security Specialist is responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilising expertise in IT security analysis and compliance assessment. The Security Specialist will be responsible for documenting the risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the project. This role will work closely with enterprise architects, business analysts, procurement specialists, ICT, and vendors to shape and inform the direction of the program activities.
The Security Specialist will need to engage and communicate widely across the key stakeholders groups, including business, ICT, vendors and Federal Government departments managing whole-of-government initiatives. As such, strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated Experience working as a Security Specialist inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs within Federal Government.
- Expert knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments Security documentation for both current-state and target-state
- Proven ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Federal Government security policy.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
Please note this role is based in Canberra and requires security Clearance.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Richa Agarwal at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7722.