Purpose of Role:
Manage migration projects and upgrades of Windows 2008 servers across APAC. Report updates to key stakeholders globally.
- Responsible for full project accountability
- Moving from Microsoft 2008 to something newer (2014 or 2016) and this is a full cloud initiative with all software part of the implementation
- Working closely with Senior Leadership Team to ensure project aligns with business strategy and vision
Key accountabilities/ tasks:
- Responsible for managing the IT cloud initiatives and Windows 2008 server upgrade projects, working closely with other key stakeholders, and be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects, liaising with stakeholders from senior management to hands on delivery.
- Consult and engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project success, and stakeholder expectations are well defined and met
- Maintain procedures, policies, and controls to facilitate the achievement of key milestones within the project
- Provide regular status reports and communications on the project, impacts and issues to stakeholders. Escalate through appropriate channels where required
- Evaluate the project and provide feedback to key stakeholders on benefits achieved and opportunities for improvement as part of driving continuous improvement across the business
- Minimum of 5 years application project management delivery experience, with involvement in large, business critical systems being highly regarded.
- Strong technical background in Windows infrastructure platforms and willingness to provide technical guidance and assistance where needed.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing projects designed to deliver Windows 2008 server upgrades and modern cloud and environment automation technologies and approaches like Azure (AWS desirable)
- Must have Full Australian Working Rights
Day rate between $700 - $900 (dependent on experience).
To apply, please contact Daniel Dell'Armi at Daniel.email@example.com with your CV & a short blurb about your career.
No applications past COB 04/06/2019 will be accepted.
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business, and it is our people, irrefutably, who are our single biggest differentiator over other consulting organisations. At Modis, you will work for a highly successful growing organisation that offers national consulting opportunities and you will have the freedom to create your own success, as well as learning and development support in order to realise your potential. We invite you to apply below and learn more about diverse range of opportunities at Modis and what makes our workplace culture inspiring.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"