About the role:
Our client seeks to engage the services of an experienced IT Technical Specialist - Desktop Application Remediation Engineer. You will be responsible for remediation and supporting application packaging for Windows 10 and Office 365 upgrade. The application landscape consists of both commercial off-the-shelf, custom-developed, and other applications. Partnering with our application teams, you will seek to understand their unique operating and migration requirements and then use your knowledge and experience to assist in the migration process to the Windows 10 platform.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate technical understanding and comprehensive experience in the use of software application packaging tools (e.g. Admin Studio)
- Experience packaging applications for Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- Extensive knowledge of personal computing hardware, software, mobile devices, scripting languages, networked computer systems, associated peripheral equipment, remote access and virtualization technologies.
- Must understand MSI packaging best practices and standards.
- Must be able to troubleshoot packaging problems.
- Creation and maintenance of PowerShell Application Deployment Toolkit (PADT) script wrappers.
- Creation and maintenance of SCCM Applications, Deployment Types, Deployments & Collections
Working knowledge of
- Ability to assimilate technical information and to communicate it to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to develop and maintain IT documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written to all levels in the company.
Demonstrated experience in the following technologies / tools in a large, complex environment;
- Application Virtualisation using Microsoft Technologies (APP-V, MSI, MSIX)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Windows 10 Roll-Out experience
Please note: All applicants must hold Australian Citizenship to be considered for this position.
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity and get the full job description, APPLY NOW or call Richa Agarwal on (02) 6202 7722 quoting reference MO63476 for more information.