We are now seeking Windows Systems Administrator for our large Federal Government client in Canberra
Duration: Immediate start through until October 2021 with 12 months extension
Citizenship requirements: Australian citizens with ability to obtain Baseline clearance are eligible to apply
The Windows Systems Administrator will be a part of a small team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure environment. You will be working as a productive, diligent and supportive member of a small team with proven ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
Your main goal will be to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the Development, Test and Production environments hosted on Windows platforms and to achieve a high level of end user satisfaction. This includes the lead or participation in technical issues, consulting and development of standards in your area of expertise as well as the delivery of support services.
- Represent the Cloud Services group as a Subject Matter Expert to provide advice and assistance relating to the Windows operating stack to management and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain Windows SOE's over multiple cloud providers.
- Provide advance administration of the Windows operating stack and 3rd party management tools.
- Proven ability to write operational, architectural and user documentation.
- Assist with the third level support team to provide Windows technology support including:
o Complex incident and problem resolution
o System upgrades, patching and installations
o System security
o Application support
- Assess and comment on Architectural and Design documentation as required for new systems proposing to use Windows platforms.
- Work in agile team environment to deploy and troubleshoot infrastructure in Development, Test and Production environments
- Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements.
- Windows automation using;
- Network troubleshooting with native and 3rd party Microsoft toolsets
- Active Directory design, implementation and support within a complex environment with both windows and Linux clients.
- Environment management using advance group policy management
- Windows patching, security and administration.
- Windows roles and features support
- Understanding of virtualization technologies.
- SOE design, build and maintenance
Nice to have skills:
- Good experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, TLS, DHCP and Load Balancing.
- Experience in Azure and Amazon cloud technologies.
- Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
- Strong documentation skills, including documenting standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
- Exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Karun Sharma at Clicks IT Recruitment on 02 6202 7744.