We are currently searching for a Java Developer for a contract though until the end of 2019. The role will be based in the Northern suburbs of Brisbane and an immediate start is available.
The role is required to:
- Work as part of an application software project team to develop and support Java built application systems (components and/or COTS interfaces) with the Java Toolset within a Java EE environment with specific knowledge of JSF2.
- Work within the following spaces: IBM WebSphere Application Server, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Utilise WebSphere application server and Oracle database server would be an advantage.
- Processing XML files using java would be an advantage.
- Develop and document specifications and designs for Java application software.
- Work with guidance from the Lead Analyst, Enterprise Architect and other technical specialists to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches.
- Undertake solution analysis, design, construction, unit testing, quality reviews, performance testing, and resolve problems with products running in the Java environment.
- Work with the Lead Analyst to effectively manage technical risks, issues, conflicts and priorities to complete work with the required deadlines.
- Develop documentation and software in line with technical standards and guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of work progress as directed.
- Provide technical Java skills transfer to staff, including documentation of decisions made and the approaches taken.
- Work independently without the need for continual or detailed technical and design guidance.
- Undertake other activities as directed.
Highly desirable skills/experience in:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Prior experience using WebSphere application server and Oracle database.
- Processing XML files using java.
- Experience within large complex organisations
Interested candidates who meet the required skillset of the role are encouraged to apply via the link with an updated resume in word format. For details of the job call 07 3027 2558 quoting reference 62413